Saturday, October 3, 2009

Because it is always nice to have some time alone.



I am sitting in my room, the compound is empty (a rarity), it is raining outside and I can hear the thunder. The birds are still chirping and I know that the water tank is filling.
There is nothing like having a few hours to oneself. There is TRULY nothing like having a few hours to ones self in Africa. It gives me time to rest and to reflect on the past month. It also gives me time to reevaluate my purpose while here. I imagined what it was going to be like when I came to Kenya this year. It is different than any time before. We are staying for three months where we have stayed only one month before. We are here with six interns and three new staff members. We have only been here with Meridith and Daniel before. Meridith is married this year. We had a team of VERY energetic women here for two weeks. Ruth is in America this year. Two of my sons are here long term. We could stay longer if we wanted as my husband is now retired. It is so different.

It is a great day to reflect and reevaluate.